Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Completed 2 Unfinished Projects!

I am so proud of me!  I completed TWO of my unfinished projects yesterday. However, let me say that since one was a baby quilt that only needed the border, and the other a Nativity wall hanging that needed Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus blanket stitched down -- but they are FINISHED and ready to go to the machine quilter! 

With such a surge of inspiration, I also did some sewing on a Block of the Month from +Keepsake Quilting. It is called Civil War Chronicles, designed by Dolores Smith and Sarah Maxwell of Homestead Hearth, www.homesteadhearth.com



I just received BOM package 12 last week and I am working on BOM package 3!  On my expanded list of resolutions I had promised myself to do at least one package per month until finished.  Block of the Month kits are a wonderful way to begin your quilting experience.  Almost all quilt stores, online or brick and mortar, offer Block of the Month kits.  These usually are 12 month plans that you commit to pay for monthly.  The first month usually includes the picture of the completed quilt, pattern and fabrics for the first block.  Then each month you receive pattern and fabrics for a new block.  The last month usually has the border pattern and fabrics as well.  Many quilters, especially new quilters, may be intimidated about choosing patterns and coordinating fabrics; this takes the fear out of it.  Also, you can call or email the supplier of the kit if you get stumped! 

I hope you all have a great day - sewing!  I am off to Bible Study with some wonderful friends.  When we do prayer requests, I will pray for time to sew for everyone.















No comments:

Post a Comment