Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year 2013!

I sat down at the computer this morning and said "OK........resolutions for 2013".  Do you do this?  It is like a new notebook and paper for school - new clean slate, the sky is the limit!  Right!?  I always have the very best of intentions on this day:           Lose weight!        Get organized!         Save money!       Be more patient!    And........you know what happens?  I try again next year!

But I can share that this year I WILL keep my quilting resolutions!  This year I will serve as Community Service Chairperson for our quilting guild.  Charity quilts have always been so very dear to my heart.  There is always a need for a warm quilt, stitched for a tiny baby in a neonatal ICU or for a child who has been removed from his or her home because of family circumstances.  There will always be unforeseen tragedies that find families displaced by fire or weather events when a stack of quilts can mean so much.   I like to call charity quilts "grace quilts".............because I feel "but for the grace of God, go I".  The person hurting, suffering from an illness, displaced from their home......could all be us or our loved ones. 

Also on my quilting resolution list, is "Finish or pass on Unfinished Projects".  Now I am sure I am the only quilter out there who has any unfinished projects.  There is that new technique that I HAD to take a class for........it looked so NEAT!  Wow!  I could do that, and it would be so pretty!  And now I have 7 blocks done out of ?how many?!  And then there is all those bags of patterns with fabric that I just HAD to have!  My pledge today is that I will at least go through these and decide on the ones that I will finish this year.  And the ones that don't make that cut will go to the quilt guild to see if someone else wants to add them to their stack of unfinished projects or to a thrift shop. 

And, last on my quilting resolution list, is to share my love for quilting with others.  Please check back often for quilting info and tips that I find along the way.  Also, feel free to share along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment